Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 14, 2010

BFFs


I decided I want to write a post about my BFFs. Of course, my very bestest friend is Nathan. He is a wonderful husband & dad & I don't know what I would do without him! A girl's gotta have her "girl" friends though... and I have 3 of the best!!

I met Carla, Elizabeth, & Jennifer in nursing school in February 2007. I remember thinking on the first day that I wanted to be friends with Elizabeth, because she had just gotten married in October 2006 & me & Nathan had just gotten married in November 2006! Plus, she looked "normal". hahaha! I honestly don't remember when we first became friends, but it wasn't too long after nursing school started. We often would message each other at night on myspace. Carla & Elizabeth also became friends. I don't really remember much about Carla from the beginning of nursing school. I do remember she teared up when she was talking about her girls on the first day. I sooooooooo understand that now!!! It's so hard leaving your babies at daycare for the first time!! Other than that though, I don't remember much about her. She sat on the other side of the classroom. After her & Elizabeth became friends, I started talking to her more since she was Elizabeth more. Carla said she didn't like me at first HAHA! I guess I can come off a little.. not friendly at first. heheh. She loves me now though so it's okay! Jennifer came into our class in the 2nd quarter. She was put into my clinical group which was NOT the best. She looked "normal" too and I was excited to maybe find someone cool in my group haha! I showed her around & we became friends quickly! Before we knew it, me, Carla, Elizabeth, and Jenn were all hanging out on breaks together & going to lunch! I truly believe God put us all in nursing school together so that we could become life long friends!!!

Carla, Elizabeth, & Jenn are definitely LIFE Long friends. It's weird how sometimes friendships just fade out of your life.. but I can really see us all still being best friends when we're 80, saggy, & wrinkly!! LOL! We all just get along so well! Carla showed us how amazing being a mom is! She has 2 girls, Catelyn who is 6 & Savannah who is 4. They were 4 & 2 when we were in nursing school. In October 2007, I got pregnant with Aubrey! Then in April 2008, Elizabeth got pregnant with Emma Grace! Then in August 2008, Jenn got married! Next up was Carla! She got pregnant with Mr. Preston at the end of November 2008. Jenn wasn't far behind.. she got pregnant in June 2009 & is now due next month with Peyton!! LOTS OF BABIES!! It's so nice to have each other to talk to about our kids. I know some of my friends from high school who don't have kids could care less to hear me talk about how Aubrey went poo poo in the potty for the 1st time or how many teeth she has now, etc!

I am so blessed & thankful to have 3 of the best friends a girl could ask for!! Even though I live 1.5 hours away from them now, they are still my very best friends & I keep in very close contact with them!! So here's the end to my super cheesy BFF post... I just had to write about my awesome BFFs & how much I love them!!!!

5 comments:

Carla said...

Well, I think that was the best post ever!! Oh, and it wasn't that I didn't like you I thought you didn't like me..lol. I'm so glad that we all have each other!! I know God has truly blessed me with awesome friends for life!! I know that we will always be here for each other!!

Love you BFF!!

oh and P.S.
Don't know about you but I will be the HOT 80 year old...no bags or wrinkles here!!! lol

Carla said...

Thank you for being a friend
Traveled down the road and back again
Your heart is true your a pal and a confidant.

And if you through a party
Invited everyone you ever knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say thank you for being a friend.

Elizabeth said...

Awww...Val! I LOVE you and Aubrey, too!!! We are the bestest BFF group ever! :)Awesome post! BRAVO!!
P.S. Glad I looked normal!

Valerie Williams said...

Yeah Carla.. you'll be hot at 80 when I'm still 76... we'll see ya at 84 when I'm 80 ;) hahaha!

Love ya'll!! :)

Carla said...

Yeah, I like how the only reason she liked us at first was because we looked "normal" lol! YOu act like we had a bunch of freaks in our class or something...lol