Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Wow

It's been an interesting past couple of days....

Let's see. I had two interviews this past week. I thought they both went well. I got a call yesterday and was offered one of the jobs :) I accepted. I begin working Monday at an allergy & asthma clinic. The only bad thing is the hours are from 9-6 & Aubrey's daycare closes at 5:20. Nathan can pick her up on his days off, but 2 days a week we will need someone to pick her up. So, we are trying to find someone who can do this for us. I think I will like this job though. :)

Yesterday I had my IUD put in. It went well. It didn't hurt nearly as bad as I had imagined it would. It really didn't hurt at all. It was just a little uncomfortable. Then I prepared myself for killer cramps but I have barely cramped at all! YAY! :) It's good to know Aubrey won't be getting a little brother or sister for a few years, lol.

Aubrey has been so incredibly fussy the past few days. I finally decided to call her doctor & see if she could be worked in because she just wasn't acting herself. I know babies are fussy, but this was way more than normal. On Wednesday & Thursday, she had EXPLOSIVE nasty, nasty, nasty diarrhea diapers. I mean, went through the diaper & her outfit explosive. lol So sick. She also was being very fussy while eating. She would suck on the bottle for a few minutes and then push it away & start crying. She has been spitting up too. She also shrieks when you lay her flat down, she always wants to be in an upright position. So I took her to the doctor yesterday. They did some blood work on her and it showed that she is getting over a viral infection. Poor baby :( She also has acid reflux, which explains the spitting up & not wanting to lay flat. So, we got a prescription to help with that. I gave her the first dose last night & it seemed to help immediately. Not sure if it was the medicine or what, but I was glad she was calmer! She slept from 7:00pm-12:30am. That was a nice break. I would have gone to bed around 9:30 when I was wanting to though if I had known she was going to sleep so long. lol I kept staying up because I figured as soon as I laid down, she would wake up. I finally went to bed around 11:00.

Today we are going to Texarkana for my best friend, Jennifer's, wedding :) So excited & happy for her!!! I remember back in nursing school when I was pushing her to hurry up & pick a date... and now it's here! Crazy.

I should have a lot of pics when I get back tomorrow afternoon :)

No comments: