Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Bummed

Well, I found out today that I won't be getting the school nurse job. They had 40 (!!) applicants so they had to narrow it down by experience. Considering the fact that I just graduated in February, I'm pretty sure I was probably the first one to go. :( I really had my hopes up about that job. ::sigh:: I will just have to keep looking for other openings. I really don't want to work in a hospital, but at this point, it's getting to where I'm going to have to take what I can get.

Last night, Aubrey cried almost non-stop from 7:30pm-10:30pm. It was awful. It was so frustrating because we had no idea what was wrong with her. We fed her, burped her, changed her, gave her gas drops, rocked her, bounced her, put her in her swing.... nothing. She would stop crying for maybe a 10 minute stretch & then she would be right back at it. Finally, at 9:45, I got desperate & loaded her into the car & drove around with her. She stopped crying & fell asleep. Of course, as soon as we got home though, she woke up & started crying again. She eventually had a big poop, so I changed her & gave her a little bit more of a bottle. She was out after that. I think her stomach must have just been hurting her really badly. It's like once she got the poo out, she felt better. Poor thing.

Well, I'm off to search the internet for more job openings...

2 comments:

Jen said...

Aw, I'm sorry you had a rough night! I know what that's like. Brooke is usually fussy at night, but she is really fussy when she has to poop. I bet it WAS Aubrey's belly! Glad pooping seemed to do the trick : )

A.V.A said...

Aw ((Aubrey & Val)) I hope tonight is much smoother. You are doing great mama...keep it up!