Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Shopping & Vacation Fun

This weekend has been pretty good so far. Yesterday, me & Aubs went to Duck Duck Goose & I got her a few (more) things there. lol I already went Wednesday & Thursday, but yesterday was half price day! Then we came home & Aubs slept for 3.5 hours. When she got up from her nap, we headed to Arkadelphia to meet up with my sister. We ate at Tamollys & then we went to Walmart. Colleen had to go to work at 5, so we headed back to Hot Springs. We stopped by TJ Maxx on our way home, but didn't find anything good. I had planned on sleeping in this morning, but my throat is hurting really badly & woke me up. I hope I'm not getting laryngitis. My voice keeps coming & going. Nathan's alarm didn't go off this morning, so he left in a rush this morning. I wish he could have been off today.

Today, (even though I really don't feel very good) I'm going shopping with my sister. Being a little sick won't stop me from shopping! I'm going shopping for Aubrey's spring/summer wardrobe. I participated in a big consignment sale called Duck Duck Goose this week. I entered all of Aubrey's clothes from last spring/summer. I love doing these because it feels like I don't have to really spend money on her new clothes, the new clothes just replace the old ones! I did have a hard time at first, selling her clothes. Now I just know that even if we do have another girl in the future, I will want to buy her new stuff anyway, so I might as well sell Aubrey's old stuff. I do save some of the special things, like her coming home outfit, 1st Easter dress, etc. :) Anyway, I made $180 in the sale this week. I am so excited! I can't wait to use that money & get Aubrey a bunch of new, cute outfits! I hope it starts warming up soon. I am so tired of it being cold! I'm also very bored with Aubrey's winter wardrobe. lol It just seems like I've been putting the same clothes on her for MONTHS now. Time to move on to warmer & brighter weather!

Yesterday, I booked our tickets for New York!! I'm so excited! We are going to visit my grandma again this summer. She is 86 years old so travelling down here is getting harder for her. Aubrey is her only great grandchild, so of course my grandma loves to see her when she can. We are going June 9th-15th. I'm really looking forward to it! We had a great time last year. Hopefully this year our trip to NYC will go a little better. Last year, I forgot Aubrey's bottles at my grandma's house, so Aubrey was not a happy camper for a few hours! Then it started to rain while we were trying to make our way back to the train station & got completely soaked. And to top it off, a train in front of us derailed & we were delayed for about 1.5 hours on our way back to my grandma's! Hopefully travelling with a nearly 2 year old won't be too hard. :)

I hope everyone has had a great weekend & has a great week! <3 I don't think she has changed much, except for getting more hair ;)



This picture cracks me up!! lol


Boo! :)

3 comments:

Carla said...

Yay for the New York trip and SHOPPING!!!!! Have fun!!

Elizabeth said...

Im sry you have a sore throat. I hope it is better by tomorrow morning. I hope you find lots of good/cute outfits for Aubs.

Unknown said...

We are forming an Arkansas Bloggers group and would love for you to link your blog to that. It's a no obligation group...just to become familiar with everyone blogging in Arkansas. http://arkansasbloggers.blogspot.com. If you link uip, be sure to list your hometown with your name. Eventually, we will have the site organized by hometown.