Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Joys of Parenthood

I love, love, love being a mom. I seriously feel like being a mom is the one thing I was destined to do. I have never felt so "right" or happy with anything else. It is the best thing ever to me. However, this weekend, I've experienced some "joys of parenthood" I would be perfectly happy to never experience again!! And no, I'm not naive, I know this is ONLY the beginning!


I'm 99.9% sure Aubrey has rotavirus. :( Like I said in my last post, she threw up during the night Wednesday night. She stayed home with Nathan on Thursday & had two very nasty diarrhea diapers. Friday, she was completely fine. We went to Fouke for Nathan's dad's wedding & she seemed fine the entire day/night! Yesterday, me, my mom, & Aubs were on our way to start our day of shopping. We had a very busy day planned! Just as we were pulling into the TJ Maxx parking lot, our first stop of the day, Aubrey puked EVERYWHERE. It was like she was a water faucet. Poor baby girl!!! I felt so bad for her. I pulled into a parking spot to undress her & before I could even get her clothes off she threw up again. I stripped her down to just her diaper (I of course, had no extra outfit with us which is unusual for us). I put her back in her seat (which I tried my very best to clean out with baby wipes & her jacket) & wrapped her up in her blanket & we headed back home. I put her down for a nap & she slept for 4 hours. When I went to get her up, I found her almost completely covered from chest to toes in diarrhea. :( Soooo incredibly nasty!! We HATE rotovirus! So needless to say, I've done a LOT of laundry this weekend. I seriously wanted to just buy her a new carseat rather than take it apart to wash. The smell was awful!!!


Today, she hasn't vomited or had diarrhea, but she is barely eating, so that's probably why. She is still running a fever, so she will stay home with Nathan tomorrow. Her doctor said if she was still sick tomorrow, we would need to bring her in. Hopefully she will be better by tomorrow morning. She has been extra clingy, which is something she does when she really doesn't feel good. Oh & the fact that she is pretty much avoiding all food, that is a big sign something is not right with our baby girl!


In other news, Aubrey is 19 months old today. I can't believe she is now closer to the age 2 instead of 1! Time is just flying by. I don't have a big post written up. I have been so busy with her being sick. Not much has changed since 18 months. She has added some more words to her vocabulary. I will have to post on that soon. She is such a big girl now & seems so intelligent. I know most parents think their babies are smart but we get told how smart she is from others too so I don't think I'm being too obnoxious thinking she's a little smartie ;)


I'll post again later this week with pictures from the wedding. Congratulations to Nathan's dad, Chad & Pam. They seem VERY happy! I know how wonderful a happy marriage can be. I am blessed to have been in one myself for a little over 3 years now. I thank God everyday for putting Nathan into my life. He is my very best friend & I love him with all of my heart!!


This is already way longer than I wanted it to be, sorry for all the details on the puke/diarrhea but I want to remember this stuff in a few years, so details are key ;) Hope everyone else had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Poor Aubrey! She seems to always be sick. I hope she is feeling much better today. I hope yall have a WONDERFUL week! :)