Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Weekly Update

Time to review the past week ;)

Monday: It snowed overnight & Aubrey's daycare was closed. We were going to keep her home anyway because she was still running fever Sunday night. She finally was better by Monday night! I went to work for about an hour & came home sick. I guess I got Aubrey's virus. My stomach hurt SO bad. I never actually got sick, but I felt awful. I came home & slept for 3 straight hours! We just had a lazy day at home together.

Tuesday: Aubrey's daycare was closed again, so Aubrey stayed home with Nathan. They had a good time at home together :) I felt a little better & went back to work.

Wednesday: Aubrey went back to daycare for the 1st time since the past Wednesday! She was glad to be back :) She loves her daycare!! Just a normal day for us. I got off early & came home & started some laundry. Then I picked Aubs up early from daycare & we went back up to my work to visit for a little bit. Aubrey ate almost an entire bowl of guacamole that Cassidi had made. She was loving it!!! (However, I did not love the diaper that followed this a day later!).

Thursday: It started snowing again when I was on my way home from Benton. Colleen had picked Aubs up from daycare. We had planned on going out to eat, but I brought home KFC instead since the snow was starting to come down harder. Colleen passed out on the couch at like 8. lol

Friday: We ended up getting about 1.5 inches of snow. It was so pretty :) The roads were good though, so Aubs still went to daycare. I made Aubrey another snow midget before we left, lol. She had fun running around out back. She took cupcakes to school for Valentine's day. She was so excited about them. She kept staring at them & saying "ooooh!!" hahaha. We kept Kaden (our 3 month old nephew) Friday night. Aubrey loved playing with him & kept saying "baby!" over & over! She was so helpful. Keeping Kaden definitely helped me on my decison on when to have another baby. We have decided we definitely want to wait until Aubrey is a lot older, as in 4-6 years old. I just felt so guilty not being able to give Aubrey all of my attention on Friday night while I was taking care of Kaden. I also hated having to tell her "no" so many times, even though she was really just trying to help. I want her to be our "baby" for a few more years before we bring another baby into the picture. I think we will start trying for another baby when I have to have my iud taken out (they only last 5 years), so that is about 3.5 years away.

Saturday: I had planned on taking Aubrey & Kaden to Sears to have their pictures done together & we were going to keep Kaden Saturday night too, but I woke up sick again Saturday morning!! So, we drove to Prescott & met Nathan's aunt Amy who said he would keep Kaden that night since we weren't going to. We had lunch with Amy & Morgan before heading back home. When we got home, I took a 3 hour nap. Those seem to help me when I'm not feeling good! Then we just had a lazy day at home!

So, there's the week in review ;) haha It's been a pretty good week. Nathan got me a massage at a local spa for Valentine's day! I was so surprised & excited!! Ever since my wreck, my back/neck is always messed up & massages really help! It was a very thoughtful present!

Aubrey seems to be learning a new word every day. She cracked me up one day this week when I burped really loud & she looked at me & said "Excuse you!!" hahaha! I didn't even know she knew how to say that, let alone in the right context! Her favorite word right now is "Thank you!". She always knows when to say it & it is so adorable!

Well, I hope everyone has a Happy Valentine's Day! We are just having a nice day at home together! Wouldn't want to spend the day with anyone else besides my two loves!! :)

1 comment:

Carla said...

Love all the snow pics!! We had so much fun in it too!!! Glad you are feeling better now!!