Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Surprise Surprise

Shocking, I know, but guess who had to go to the doctor again on Monday? SIGH. I truly hope that one day I can look back on this blog and think "Wow, those were some bad times when Aubrey was sick all the time. I'm so glad she's ALWAYS healthy now!". Yes, that is my dream!! Now, I know I am blessed with an overall healthy little girl. It could be much, much worse & that is something I pray I never have to deal with. However, it is getting very frustrating having to take Aubrey to the doctor every 2 weeks!! We have seriously been at the doctor's office every 2 weeks since December. Anyway, I took her on Monday because she's had a really bad cough that gets super bad at nighttime. I thought maybe she needed a different inhaler or something, because the albuterol just wasn't touching it. The doctor checked her over & noted her throat was a little red. I mentioned that she just had RSV & Strep throat 2 weeks ago. He decided to do a strep test on her. Guess what the results were? POSITIVE. I was so disgusted, lol. I mean really!! She JUST had it!! So, he put her on amoxicillin for 10 days & we're to continue her breathing treatments for her cough. She's been on the antibiotic since Monday & treatments since then as well & her cough really still isn't much better. I'm going to give her a breathing treatment of Pulmicort tonight & see if that helps her. I'm thinking her cough is definitely asthma related, because a cough doesn't go with strep usually. One good thing is that Aubrey actually does her treatments by herself now (with us sitting there with her of course)! Just a few months ago she would fight them, so this is great progress! So anyway, there's our 2384039284093 sick update of this year.

Even when she's sick, she still acts happy 99% of the time, which is a blessing. Poor thing, I think she is just used to being sick that it really doesn't phase her. She seems to be doing fine with the exception of the cough during the night. We are taking her to Little Rock this weekend to go to the zoo & to The Wonder Place ( www.thewonderplace.com ). We are looking forward to it! I think she will have a blast!

I'll post another update after we go! Have a great week/weekend!

No comments: