Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 23, 2010

"Don't want it"

Aubrey has learned the phrase "don't want it/to/etc" and uses it excessively these days. Sometimes it's cute, sometimes it's funny, & other times it's downright frustrating. lol Tonight was a frustrating night. She was refusing to eat her chicken n dumplings. She kept pushing her bowl away saying "I don't want it." We made her sit there for a while to see if she would eat. She kept refusing & saying over & over "I don't want it." I told her she had to take 3 more bites & she refused. So, I told her she could get down but she wasn't getting anything else to eat tonight & if she was hungry she would have to eat her 3 bites of chicken n dumplings first. As soon as her feet touched the ground, she said "I want crackers!" Ummmm, no Miss Aubrey! You aren't playing me! Then she wanted a "snack" aka fruit snack. Nope, no fruit snacks for her either. She was not a happy camper but each time she asked for something else, I offered her 3 bites of chicken n dumplings so she could have what she was asking for. She refused each time.


Ahhh.... gotta love the stubbornness of a two year old. Unfortunately for her, she has two equally as stubborn parents!!

No comments: